Partner/ Unmarried or same-sex partner
You must show that:
- you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;
- your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law; you and your partner have met in person;
- your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsisting;if you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in
- you meet the suitability requirements;any previous relationship has permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous
- you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
- you meet the financial requirement;you meet the English language requirement; and if you are in the UK and want to extend your leave or apply for
settlement in the UK you will need to meet the suitability requirement.
Fiance(e) or proposed civil partner
Children cannot normally come to settle in the UK unless both parents are settled here or have been given permission to settle here. The only exceptions are
- 1 parent is dead and the other is settled or coming to settle here; or
- the parent who is settled or coming to settle in the UK has had sole responsibility for the child's upbringing or the child normally lives with that parent and not
the other parent; or
- 1 parent is settled or coming to settle in the UK and there are serious reasons why the child must be allowed to come here.
- The term 'parent' includes the stepfather or stepmother of a child whose father or mother is dead, both parents of an illegitimate child, and an adoptive parent in
Your child must show that they:
- are not leading an independent life;
- are not married or in a civil partnership;
- have not formed an independent family unit; and are aged under 18.
You can apply for permission to settle permanently here (known as 'indefinite leave to enter or remain') if you are:
aged 18 or over; and
a parent, grandparent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a British citizen or person settled in the UK.
Please contact us for the further enquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org